Monday, June 29, 2009

Giving it up to God

It has been amazing watching God work this summer, both in the lives of campers and staff, as well as in my own life. I have been presented with two amazing opportunities and must make a choice, one, two, or neither. As a result, I have been stressed out for the better part of a week. Then this morning I sat down to do my Bible study. I have been going through Isaiah and intended to continue that today. I opened my Bible and started turning the pages in chunks to reach my desired spot. On the second turn of pages the Bible opened to Proverbs. There was a piece of paper in it, a piece I put in Lord knows when, so I looked at it. All the paper said was "Proverbs 3:5-6" so what did I do? I read Proverbs 3:5-6. It was amazing, just what I needed to read. I felt like God was telling me "this is what you need to be doing, Margaret. You need to give up everything to Me, not just some. You've only been meeting Me half way, now give it all up." Well, I didn't end up reading Isaiah this morning, but I am no longer stressing about the major decisions in my life. They are God's now and He will show me where to go.

No comments: